Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Useful language

Giving personal views:
  • I'm (not) the kind of person who ...
  • One thing I'm good at is ...
  • One of my worst faults is that I (never) ...
  • I feel pretty happy about my ...
  • For me, I (don't) feel ... is very important/useful
  • Personally, I'd like to concentrate on ...
  • Frankly speaking, I (quite) disagree because ...
  • To some extent, I agree with that. However ...
  • As a matter of fact, I wanted to convey that ...
Explaining your targets:
  • My main aim is to ...
  • ... is one of my main priorities because of ...
  • Another important matter for me is ...
  • So for that reason, I'm aiming to ...
  • Another thing I thought might be a good idea is to ...
  • I'd find it really useful to look at ...
  • My goal is to achieve success in/as ...
  • Absolutely, my objective in life is to attain ...
  • It'll be a great realization to me to ...
Thanks again to Cutting Edge by Longman. A small number of phrases were added by me, I hope you find it useful.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment