Friday, April 2, 2010

Turning the context even worse


For some time already I've known the expression to make matters worse. By reading the news at CNN web site, I have just come across an expression that quite resembled the same meaning:

"Broadband Internet speeds in the United States are only about one-fourth as fast as those in South Korea, the world leader, according to the Internet monitoring firm Akamai.

And, as if to add insult to injury, U.S. Internet connections are more expensive than those in South Korea, too."


Were you able to identify it? I hope so, and after checking out in the dictionary, I saw that the phrase means just the same thing: to add insult to injury.

Language improvement, now I've got to options to choose from.

Source of the passage at this link.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment