Thursday, September 9, 2010

Failing CAE

Unfortunately, after some time waiting for the results of the exam, I've been told to have scored E in the text, that is, the least grade possible.

Did I find the exam difficult at all? No, I did not whatsoever!

Did I answer lots of questions confidently and certain of what I was doing? Yes, I did.

Apart from the Listening test that I really found difficult, almost all the rest was piece of cake, Writing paper, Use of English paper (Grammar), I did not believe the Reading paper would ever compromise the final grade, my co-participants told me I outstandingly succeed in the Speaking test, etc.

How well do I do with, let's say, job interviews in English? I very often do better than the interviewer in all aspects of the language.

Now the question grows incomprehensible: "what do they really expect from candidates?"

I've come to the conclusion that, given the price of the exam, regarding that I quite possibly will never need that certificate, and last but not least, that my current level of English is above average for both jobs and personal matters, it does not worth retaking that exam. Instead, what'd be more knowledgeable is studying a second foreign language, once so will further guarantee my success in life.

Shall I say never again? I don't think so, but from now on, dedicating myself to Engineering and programming languages, further English studies has become secondary to me.

Life goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment