Monday, June 14, 2010

Taking the Cambridge CAE Speaking exam today

I think I did quite well in the exam. Even though it was not 100% the way I wanted, I see no concern about it. The other 2 candidates that took the exam with me also believe in my success.

The toughest part is coming up, next Wednesday. It entails Listening, Reading, Writing and Use of Language, around 4 hours to get it all complete.

As usual, it must be tricky and complex, with very similar answers to be chosen from, intentionally done as such so as to assess us in our abilities to properly understand what authors' intentions were, as though that is a piece of cake, haha. Different people may have different understandings in front of the same text, and even have plenty of arguments to support their comprehension. Unfortunately, we must "try" to identify what the real author's intention was.

Let's wait and see, it's just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment